- July 11, 2007: Just a minor update. Hedgehog uses cr.mu.in.vocal. I got a tm using it the other day and "hskills" showed it as cr.mu.in.vocal. Hopefully we'll be able to find the other skills hedgehog uses with this shiny new command.
- February 28, 2007: We finally have a new defensive spell, Mama Kolydina's Instant Infestation! It's been long overdue and a great spell for any witch.
Ingredients and Witches' Skills were updated to include information about this new spell.
Squint info was updated to include that you need to learn it from Millie in Slice.
Wethen Guide and Guide to Building a Witch have been updated to include information about the new spell.
- January 23, 2007: This update has been long over due. At least I got it near the site's 4 year anniversary. :)
I cleaned up the Wethen Guide to help out new witches more.
I also created a Guide to Building a Witch (accessed from the wethen page). This is made to help witches figure out what to advance as they go through the guild. I'd love to hear other witches thoughts on it, so I can make it better and help young witches any more. So if you have any other tips you'd like me to add, contact me.
Mother Brynda's Call of Gravity went through a slight update, allowing us to pull down floating people. Since if someone is floating, we can't vine them.
Wee Flaudia's Fluffy Ear Muffs also went through an update. It now helps to protects against a Wizard's EHA and a Warrior's warcry.
I added new broom locations. And we now have a harness for brooms! A staff harness will hold a broom. However, it will give a dex penalty when worn with a pack. Satchels and wearable baskets from Bois do not give a penalty. However, you can delude harnesses to help keep track of your brooms.
- March 27, 2006: Wow, 2 years since the last update. Sorry about that. I stopped playing for a while, then when I came back last year, I was too busy with other things to update it. I now co-own a playershop with Tanis in Ohulan Cutash called The Blue Moon. I'm also a Playtester and Newbiehelper.
I had been wanting to update this for a while now, but it wasn't until this week that I had the inspriation to do so. So much to update! I think almost every page got an update this time. Yay! :)
For Wet Hens got a major re-write to include a lot of new information, plus a whole new section to help build your witch once you get past the newbie stage.
I cleaned up the Spells page, corrected some information, and added Gammer Tumult's Amalgamator.
Potions & Teas was also cleaned up and Energy Tea was added.
Gaze and Squint were added to the Commands, and this page also received some clean up with information added and corrected.
Ingredients has some items added for Energy Tea and Gaze.
Information was corrected on Broomsticks, and the Fly-to list was updated.
The Fruitbat Guide has some fruitbat commands added to it.
Witches' Skills was updated with the new skill tree, as well as the various new skills needed for some commands and spells.
Links was cleaned up with corrected links, new links were added, and broken links were removed.
- January 14, 2004: For over two years now this site has been up and running. I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone that has provided valuable information for it. I would also like to thank everyone that has visited this site and helped to promote it. I appologize for the lack of updates this past year (only four?!), there just hasn't been as much to add. Don't worry, I'm not shutting down this site. I will still continue to update it when I am able. Anyway, thanks again everyone. :)
Almost every page on this site has had some kind of update this time, mostly just little things. The major changes are listed below.
Hedgehog is back in the game! Yay! Go see Nanny if you missed a verse or two.
Romours & Gossip has a small update about the new fighting tree. Scroll to the bottom of the page to see it.
Since the Discworld MUD website now has a new location, I've updated the links to the MUD on this website.
I updated the Witches' Items page to include the crate in the Witches' Hut in CWC.
Thanks to Quail, I've updated Granny Beedle's Cooperative Credits to include the level in which you can learn the spell.
The location of talkers in CWC (Golden Lemurs) was provided by Ashyamandra. Check out the talker section in For Wet Hens.
- September 14, 2003: We have another new spell: Granny Beedle's Cooperative Credits. With this spell you can learn more about Tricks that are set in large hag stones.
Sadely, the hedgehog command has been removed from the game. I was told that it was being reworked and might be added back into the game at a later time. It seems that when this command was used on other players (PKs), it would seriously mess up their stats, more than it is supposed to.
Wee Flaudia's Fluffy Ear Muffs has had a slight update to include the fact that the Hedgehog command is gone.
Fade has been updated. You can no longer use color when you fade.
I have changed the spell order because Nanny Ogg changed her order of the spells. It seems that she lists them now by how hard they are to learn or cast, which is helpful for wet hens.
Skills has been updated to include Granny Beedle's Cooperative Credits and Biddy Amble's Bee Buzzer. I have also rearranged the spells on the skills page to reflect Nanny's new order of spells.
- April 18, 2003: We have a new spell: Biddy Amble's Bee Buzzer. This will help you gather more honey by making the bees in the hives more productive for a while.
A couple new witches' links have been added to the Links Page.
You can now dress up you Fruitbat in it's own furry clothing. Check out the Witches' Items to see where to get some for your fruitbat.
I have also added a log of what it looks like to die in mid-flight. It can be found on the Broomstick Page or on Mid-Flight Death.
- January 29, 2003: Happy Belated New Years! Oh, look! This site had its one year anniversary almost a month ago, and I missed it. :/ Sorry about the lack of updates lately. I've been busy with real life stuff and such. But I'm back now, and hopefully for a while. :) And now for your updates.
I have a new location for Floppy Madmen Mushooms in Ingredients. They are near Mama Diksha's stall.
For Wet Hens has been update for those of you that different starting locations. Mum Blithesome (Sto Lat) and the witches in the caravan (KLK) will help yound lasses join and help any lads that want to join. Mama Diksha, who runs the stall in CWC, will teach commands.
Slight typo in Witches' Commands. In the command Fade, sour was changed to sore. Our Dear Panin thought this little mistake was quite funny. (You are sticking out like a sour thumb.) Coffee everywhere! I also changed the format of the Fade Level list to include the guild levels in which you get that level.
Grammer Scorbic's Household Guard has been updated. A few new utensils were added. I plan on researching this spell a bit more since there have been changes made to it.
A little update about Coffin Henry et al: to get rid of him, just give him an AM dollar. :)
Research: There is a list of items that I'm looking for a bit further down on this page. If you happen to find any of them in CWC, let me know. You can either tell/mudmail me, Aniline, over the mud or use the form on the email page. Thanks!
- October 15, 2002: Just trying to fix up a few things I forgot about in my last update. There haven't been any new this added or changed to the Witches's Guild to report on.
Broomsticks had a few changes made. Beware Coffin Henry! I also added where the broomstick in CWC is located.
Witches' Spells was updated with a few slight changes and I think I caught all the typos in that page too.
Potions & Teas has been updated with little bits of brewing info (like ma.me.ph.brewing is now 2/5 int and 3/5 dex).
Witches' Commands has been updated with new skills info for circle and a few other things.
Ingredients has a few new places to find large hag stones and duck feathers.
The Uberdowngrape mentioned in Rumours & Gossip has been taken out due to it not being a Rumour anymore. Those changes are now in the game. Yay! Hopefully, there will be more of these added to the game soon. There has also been a bit of info added to Curses.
Research: I'm looking for a bit of help. Since CWC has been added, I've spent a lot of time over there looking for every witchy item that we may need. However, I still can't everything though. If you happen to find anything of the things on the following list in CWC (preferably for free), tell me and I can add it to this site. Thanks. :)
- Poison Apples
- Free Apples
- Eel Skin
- Small Hag Stones
- Free Crystals
- Owl Feathers
- Willow Withe
- Antique Black Dress
- Hobnailed Boots
- Old Black Cloak
- Witches' Pointy Black Hat
- Wooden Whistle
- Talker (for any starting location)
- September 23, 2002: Since the Big Change on August 3, 2002, there have been a lot of changes made to the Disc. There have been a lot of new Skills added to the game.
One of the main things added is nationality. After leaving the newbie area, you can pick a nationality. This will affect where you start, what your native language is, how you join a guild, and your accent. For Wet Hens has been updated to help those from forn parts join our guild.
Our witches' hats have been changed. See the update made in the Witches' Items page.
There is a slight problem that came up with this Big Change. Pretty much all skills are based on multiple stats now to favor those with a more intermediate rearrange instead of the extreme rearranges. This results in lower bonuses for our skills than what we had before the Big Change. With lower bonus, all of our spells and commands are harder to cast/use. Our lovely creators are working on balancing out the spells/commands/rituals for all of the guilds, but it'll take time. Until then, expect to have to spend tons of xp just to cast even the easiest spells.
- July 25, 2002: After furthur exploration of CWC, there has been more discoveries of witchy-type stuff. Take a look at Ingredients to see where in CWC you can get most of our witchy stuff.
I added another level to Fade as well.
- July 21, 2002: After a bit of a break from working on this site, I'm back. And with some updates. :)
A little while ago, there was a major change made to Broomsticks. We can now only fly to unique npcs/players and to recorded places on our broom. Broomsticks were creating too much of a lag, so it needed to be changed. Even though we have fewer npcs to fly to, we do get a lot more locations on our broomsticks.
With the recent changes to our broomsticks, our beloved Tannah has given us a little sneak peak as to what is to come with in the future concerning our broomsticks. These include the exciting new Flight Plans and some new witches-type combat with our brooms and hatpins. You can see what Tannah had to say in Rumours & Gossip. I also added a post about the changes that will be made on August 3, 2002 to the MUD.
I finally found some honey, yarrow, and comfrey in CWC. Check out Ingredients to see where they are.
I've added a few more levels to Fade and when you get to these different levels.
- April 30, 2002: In Broomsticks I've added how to get other.direction tms to improve your flying skills. Grammer Scorbic's Household Guard has been update with some information how your floating utensil actually works. In Ingredients, at the request of another witch, I've added some of the measurements of different things. There may be more and might add those later. I've added a few pointers to Potions & Teas for pricing teas. A bit has been added to Rumours & Gossip about the new combat system being developed.
There is now a Witches Guild in the Counterweight Continent! It's a small little hut that might look like a player house when you frist enter it. It's located at the Junction of The Serpent, Snake Parade, and Bridge Land in the Pong Ping District. There is a shelf with a few bottle and a bit of comfrey and yarrow in the hut. There is a grinder and a cauldron for brewing. More may be added in the future. I heard that there may be more around this area that is witch related. Several of the pages have been update with this information.
By the way, I'm thinking of making a tutorial for the For Wet Hens page to help our little hens get started. I'm hoping it will be better than what I currently have on the page. I want it to help them set goals to work towards as they learn the game and advance in our guild. I want it to help them get started in the guild and then let them move their character in a direction they choose. I'll glady take suggestions from fellow witches as to what they had the most trouble with when they were starting out.
- April 6, 2002: I've found out more about our command Mock from our lovely Ibblek. She said that mock raises that skill's bonus slightly when it's successful. A higher bonus makes it harder to TM, but it will be easier for that person to succeed temporarily.
Ibblek also mentioned that bonded floatable items can't be floated by other people. I've added this information to Granny Benedict's Bond of Loyalty.
- April 2, 2002: Potion & Tea has been updated with some more information about Anti-Blind Tea. It seems that one ingredient isn't in the game yet, the eyes of Vorpal Bunnies. Sounds a bit like wizardry to me, using body parts of corpses and such. But I guess using eyes in an Anti-Blind Tea sounds reasonable. After talking to Ethel in Scrogden for a while, she revealed that the vorpal bunnies might be located in the paddocks in the garden in Scrogden. I've added this to information to Ingredients.
The other day our lovely creators of the Witches Guild did a little upgrading to Mother Feelbright's Busy Bees. It is now easier to hit your targets and the bees will do a whole lot more damage.
Delusions of Grandeur has also been updated. After recently using focus tea on the spell, I realized that it's a ma.sp.special spell, though you might have to still get ma.sp.misc up to level 150 to get the spell. Banishing of Prying Eyes and Banishing of Unnatural Urges have been updated. It seems that they are both defensive spells now.
Witches' Skills has had lots of information added to it. The list of primaries for all of the guilds has been changed in order to show the orders of the wizard's guild. Now it'll be easier to find someone to teach you skills like ma.me.ph.enchanting.
Rumours & Gossips has been updated. I heard about the crafts skill tree getting new skills added to it. It's not really witch related, but everyone uses crafts a bit. We do use it for the bees spell. One day, we may be able to make our own poisoned fruit. This is also added to this page.
More updates will be coming soon as I refocus most of the spells to see which type of spell it is.
- March 25, 2002: I haven't really changed much to the site this time. I did fix the E-Mail page. So now the form works. Yahoo went and changed how I send the e-mails, but it works now.
I'm working on a new section of the website. But it doesn't have anything to do with witches. I'm going to add a seperate site about the Thieves Guild. It'll probably be quite a while before it's ready to be uploaded, but I'm open to any ideas that anyone has. Head over to the Home Page to send in your ideas and such. If you have a thief alt or have always wanted to start a thief alt, please send me your ideas. Thanks! :)
- March 20, 2002: Lots of Wet Hens seem to be confused about how you get certain commands (ones not taught by Nanny). Check out Commands to see how to get these commands.
After something has become a talisman, there is a way to make it into an ordinary object (Mock).
And it seems, after a bit of testing (ouch), you need to drink anti-blind potion before you become blind. Otherwise, you can't see to drink the tea. I also added seom information about how much you should drink of each type of Potion & Tea.
In For Wet Hens, I added a nifty little map of Granny's Cottage to help everyone find their way around the guild.
- March 11, 2002: I've added information about Imbue for magick crystals about the color of them. I also happened to come across one of probably many places that you can find magick crystals without having to buy them. Have a look at Ingredients for them. I've also located a few more places to fine large hag stones. I also finally figured out the cost of all the Witches' Spells and added some information to the spells that can be imbued in crystals.
A new page has been added to this site. Rumours and Gossip! This new page as little bits of information about things that might be added to your guild in the future. Enjoy!
Not all of the player guilds have been implemented in CWC and as a result, very few witch related items have been found over there. I have found a well for getting water and someone else said that they found ivy seeds. If you happen to find anything witch related, including "fly to"s, brewing facilites, or a witch-type cottage in CWC, tell me and I'll add it to this site.
- March 9, 2002: Lot's more new magic for the witches' guild. Our fluffy creators sure have been busy. :)
Two new spells were added to Witches' Spells: Banishing of Prying Eyes, which protects you from scrying, and Banishing of Unnatural Urges, which makes you harder to tempt.
You can now Imbue spells into magick crystals so that others can use the spell. You can see the effects of different imbued spells in crystals in Witches' Spells. Check Ingredients for where you can find these magick crystals.
Witches' Skills has also been updated to reflect the new spells and magick crystals. I also fixed a few other mistakes in the site... stupid spelling mistakes.. My fellow witches and I will continue to research these new spells and the magick crystals. As soon as we learn more, I'll add the new information to this site.
- March 4, 2002: In Broomsticks I've added more NPCs you can fly to for both CWC and the Brown Islands. Witches' Spells has been updated with added information about the fading and deepening of the shadows in Delusions of Grandeur. Check out Commands for information that was added to the command Fade. I included different fade levels and how you can tell what level you have faded to. I only have three levels listed, so if you know any levels beyond that, tell me and I can add them. :)
- February 26, 2002: Wow, three updates in four days. So much new stuff to add. :) I've added more "fly to"s for CWC and where they are located in Broomsticks. You'll get to meet part of the Silver Horde (I'm still looking for the last two: Caleb the Ripper and Boy Willie). Be careful and not pick a fight will any of these guys. For old men, they are unbelievable tough.
To make it easier for you to find info about fruitbats, you can use the link from the main page instead of having to go to the spells page and then finding the Fruitbat Spell. I did the same thing with the Tricks page. :) (But you can still get to both pages from the Witches' Spells page.)
After the recent posts on the Witches' Guild Board, I decided to add a lot to For Wet Hens. This will hopefully help wet hens get started in the guild. It answers most of the questions wet hens ask when they are first getting started in the guild. If you have any questions that weren't answered or you think should be added to this section, please tell me. Thanks! :)
- February 24, 2002: It figures, as soon as I update the site, I have to re-update it because I've found out more information. Well, have fun with the info! :) I added information to Delusions of Grandeur a list of all of the octarine shadows that it goes through. I also added the first "fly to" for the Counterweight Continent, Kyakenko in the Sum Bing District, to Broomsticks.
- February 23, 2002: There has been lots added to Discworld M.U.D. over this past week or so, including the opening of the Brown Islands and the Counterweight Continent. You can also learn a new language, Agatean. The Witches' Guild has also had something added, a new spell: Delusions of Grandeur. Stop by the Witches' Spells to learn more about the wonderful new spell.Witches' Skills was also updated to reflect the information from our new spell.
I also added a bit to Mother Twinter's Yarrow Enchantment about the bonus required to enchant to steady.
I added some to the Broomsticks page about traveling to the Counterweight Continent and the Brown Islands. I've added lots of little bits to most of the other pages too.
- January 18, 2002: I added a tiny bit to the Witches' Items page about how to get the demon-clawed coat hook to drop the pointy black hat. Some information was also added to the A Guide to Making Tricks page about the skills that tricks use. I also added some information about feeding your fruitbat on the Fruitbat Guide page.
The Commands page probably recieved the biggest update. I added information to the commands eye, mock, fade, and tempt.
I also added this page and changed a few of the links on the side bar to include this page. You can still get back to the main page if you click on the "Welcome" picture.
- January 3, 2002: Grand Opening! Welcome to The Witches of Discworld. This site contains information about the witches guild and everything that goes along with this guild. Feel free to look around the site and use it to help advance your character. If you see anything on this site that could be wrong, have more information, or have any other comment or question, please e-mail me or contact me, Aniline, through Discworld M.U.D. Thanks.