Most teas and potions are brewed using the brew command. You need a fire, stove, or other hot surfaces to brew over. Tea and potions can be made without using the brew command, but it won't be as strong or effective. Plus with this command, you can tm in brewing. Also, teas are stronger if you brew the bottles one at a time instead of multiple bottles at once.
- Potions, brews, and teas are a collection of ground up ingredients, mixed with water (usually) in a bottle.
- You can make personal recipes. Every witch will have a slightly different recipe.
- Quantity of herbs used and quality of brews depends on your brewing skills. Your recipes may have to be reworked as you advance.
- The order you put herbs in the bottle can be important when figuring out a recipe.
- Brewing is affected mainly by your dexterity and a bit by your intelligence. (3/5 dex, 2/5 int)
- Herbs are "gathered" before you "grind" them in a grinder.
- Ethel Applebaum, in Scrogden, has some tips, recipes, and hints about several different potions if you listen to her long enough. Sometimes talking to her will help a bit too.
- Teas can be sold to other players and in some player shops, which can help you make some money.
- A recommended price list guide is located in the Tea Shoppe on Goose Gate Road. It's best not to sell your tea for too much or too little. If you sell it for too much, no one will buy it. If you sell it for too little, then wet hens with lower brewing bonuses won't make any money because theirs isn't worth as much.
- It's usually best to drink teas and potions in portions, like "drink 1/100 from blue bottle". In some cases, it's best to drink the whole bottle to make it work faster.
- If you mess up your recipe (burn the tea, have floating bits, or mixed liquids) and need to start over, you can "empty" the bottle.
Skills Used: ma.me.ph.brewing
Brewing: 50 Pinches = 1 Handful
Consumption:  1/100 = Tablespoon
1/50 = Sip
1/20 = Taste
Anti-Blind Tea: Yellow-Orange Tea
Description: One ingredient (Vorpal Bunny Eyes) for this tea isn't in the game yet. It's used before spell casting or scrying to prevent you from going blind. Trying to cut someone from vines can also cause you to go blind. Increases other.preception (temporarily ?). You can talk to Ethel in Scrogden to find out more about this tea.
Items Needed:  Ground Eyebright
Vorpal Bunny Eyes
Breath Freshner Potion: Dark Green Fresh-Smelling Tea
Description: This potion freshens breath after spells go wrong or you eat something that gives you bad breath. This potion does not use the brew command.
Items Needed:  Ground Parsley
Cold Cure Potion: Golden Syrup
Brewed: Thick Golden Syrup
Description: With this potion, you can cures colds after being cold, wet for too long, or after being too close to Pewsey. This potion appears as a nasty black tar when burnt. It's best to drink larger portions of this potion for it to work faster.
Items Needed:  Ground Garlic
Energy Potion: Pale Yellow Potion
Brewed: Glistening Yellow Potion
Description: This potion inceases your max GP for a while. While under the effect of the energy potion, you won't recieve any command xp. When it wears off, it will also use most of your remaining gp. However, if you drink too much, it can also poison you. If you fill the bottle of Energy Potion with a bit of Poison Antidote Potion, it will cure the poison if your brewing bonus is high enough. Or you can carry Antidote Potion in a separate bottle for curing yourself.
Items Needed:  Ground Borage
Liquid Coffee or Ground Coffee
Focus Tea: Pale Brownish Green Water
Description: This tea helps you focus on spells and know if you can perform them. This tea does not use the brew command. It is best when used in small portions. You need at least a 150 bonus in magic.special.spells to get more accurate results. Don't rely on Focus Tea for spell casting. You can succeed with a spell even if it says you will definitely fail a stage. The waterbutt just outside Granny's cottage has Focus Tea already made to use, though it's currently broken. So it's best to make your own.
Items Needed:  Ground Floppy Madmen Mushrooms
Healing Tea: Green Tea
Brewed: Brewed Tea
Description: With this Tea you can heal yourself after an injury. The higher your bonus in ma.me.ph.brewing is, the faster and more your tea will heal. It's best to drink this tea is small portions.
Items Needed:  Ground Yarrow
Intelligence Potion: Teal Green Potion
Brewed: Syrupy, Green Potion
Description: This potion will increase intelligence by +1 for a limited amount of time. When the effect wears off, it reduces intelligence by -1 point for a significantly long period of time. After it is stirred with the feather, sometimes the feather absorbes part of the tea so you don't always end up with a full bottle. It's probably better to drink large portions of this potion for it to last longer.
Items Needed:  Ground Sage
Stirred with Owl Feather
Poison Antidote Potion: Octarine Elixir (Strangely Clear Elixir to non-magical players)
Brewed: Brewed, Octarine Elixir (Brewed, yet Strangely Clear Elixir to non-magical players)
Description: This potion cures spider bites, yarrow poisonings and any other type of poisoning, which lower your hit points and constitution. You only need to drink a small portion of this potion for it to work.
Items Needed:  Ground Spider (Arachnid)
Ground Fennel Seeds